STEW HEALTH BENEFITS
Stew made of tomato has the following health functions
- Cancer prevention: As an excellent source of vitamin C and other antioxidants, tomatoes can help combat the formation of free radicals known to cause cancer
- Prevention of prostate cancer: the presence of beta-carotene helps in the development of prostate cancer.
- Blood pressure maintenance: Maintaining a low sodium intake helps to keep blood pressure healthy; however, increasing potassium intake may be just as important because of its vasodilation effects
- Preventing heart disease: tomatoes also contain folic acid, which helps to keep homocysteine levels in check, thereby reducing a risk factor for heart disease
- Minimising constipation: Eating foods that are high in water content and fibre like tomatoes can help with hydration and promote regular bowel movements. Fibre adds bulk to stool and is essential for minimising constipation.
- Pregnancy: Adequate folic acid intake is essential before and during pregnancy to protect against neural tube defects in infants.
- Depression: The folic acid in tomatoes may help with depression by preventing an excess of homocysteine from forming in the body, which can prevent blood and other nutrients from reaching the brain.
- Help maintain strong bones: Tomatoes contain a considerable amount of calcium and Vitamin K. Both of these nutrients are essential in strengthening and performing minor repairs on the bones as well as the bone tissue
For more information click here