SEMOVITA NUTRITION FACTS
- Calories and Fat: A 0.25 cup serving of semovita flour contains 140 calories. These calories are composed of approximately 80 percent carbohydrates, 15 percent protein and 5 percent fat. Semolina flour is low in fat, with only 0.5 grammes per serving. One serving of flour contains no saturated fat, cholesterol or trans fat.
- Protein: Semolina flour is higher in protein than white flour, with 5 grammes per serving as opposed to 3.2 grammes. The Dietary Guidelines for Americans suggests women consume 46 grammes of protein per day and men consume 56 grammes. The 5 grammes of protein in each serving of semolina flour provides about 10 percent of this amount for both groups.
- Carbohydrates and fibre: The majority of the calories in each serving of semolina flour come from carbohydrates. Each serving contains 30 grammes of carbohydrates, most of which are starch, a complex carbohydrate. Semolina flour does contain a small amount of fibre, another complex carbohydrate. Each serving contains 1 gramme of fibre, which provides 4 percent of the daily value. Fibre assists with digestion and can help you avoid constipation. Semolina flour is low in the simple carbohydrate, sugar with only 1 gramme per serving
- Sodium: Semolina flour is low in sodium, with only 1 gramme per serving. This provides less than 1 percent of the maximum recommended daily intake, which is 2,300 milligrammes for healthy individuals and 1,500 for those with heart or kidney disease.
- Iron: One serving of semolina flour provides 8 percent of the daily value for iron. Iron is essential because it helps you form haemoglobin, which delivers oxygen to your cells. Iron deficiency can lead to fatigue and a weak immune system. Non-meat sources of iron, such as semolina flour, are not as easily absorbed as meat sources of iron. You can increase the absorption of iron in semolina flour by consuming it with vitamin C or a meat source of iron such as a red sauce made with lean ground beef or pizza with pepperoni.
For more details click here