Potato can do the following
- Stabilise blood pressure: for people with high blood pressure, kukoamines in potatoes can serve as remedy
- Build worn out cells due to vitamin B6 being present in it
- Good functioning of the brain cell and nervous system activity
- Maintain the human cardiovascular health
- Promote athletic performance
- Good Bone Health: The iron, phosphorous, calcium, magnesium and zinc in potatoes all contribute to the building and maintaining of bone structure and strength. Iron and zinc play crucial roles in the production and maturation of collagen.7 Though phosphorus and calcium are both important in bone structure, the careful balance of the two minerals is necessary for proper bone mineralisation – consumption of too much phosphorus with too little calcium intake can result in bone loss.
- Inflammation: Choline is a very important and versatile nutrient in potatoes that helps with sleep, muscle movement, learning and memory. Choline also helps to maintain the structure of cellular membranes, aids in the transmission of nerve impulses, assists in the absorption of fat and reduces chronic inflammation.
- Potatoes also help in the treatment of cancer due to the presence of folate in it.
- It also helps in metabolism, digestion and regularity, weight management and on skin issues
For more information click here